World of Logs

everything that you think is worth to mention about WOW
Busling

World of Logs

Post by Busling » 24 Sep 2012, 08:01

I went in to the World of logs website today, did a little reading but honestly I dont know where to start. Where can I find the Guild logs? Do I have to sign up as a member?
I think I need a little help to get started

Noobey

simbuerg

Re: World of Logs

Post by simbuerg » 24 Sep 2012, 08:07

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/194249/

If you switch back to August, you'll find one report left over from Dragon Soul.

If there is demand, I can fit something together and do a little
"How To Read WoL Parses" session with everyone. During raids I will track every attempt
at a boss in real time, giving everyone the opportunity to look up
what he/she can improve.

The information there is a bit overwhelming, but after a while it gets manageable.

Example:
The first thing I would examine myself is debuff-uptime. Usually every class has
a set of crucial debuffs/buffs that need to have close to 100% uptime on the boss.

In the report mentioned below, select "Full Report -> Bosses -> Ulraxion"
Then select "Players -> Death Knight -> Palazo". You will see a graph display of
some general healing/dps data. Then go for the tab "Buffs cast".
You will see a list of buffs and debuffs I have cast during Ultraxion.

The next thing you need to think of is the fight characteristics. Ultraxion HC is a
2-Tank, Single Mob fight. There is no time where I have to switch to a different
target, therefore the uptime of my most crucial debuffs on the boss has to be
close to 100% to be most effective:

My debuffs at that time have been: Frost Fever, Scarlet Fever and Blood Plague.
If you look these up in the Debuffs list and click the '#' symbol near them, you will get
their uptime displayed in a graph display above the Buffs/Debuffs list.
You see 2 things from there:
1. The uptime is around 87%. This uptime isn't too bad, but it isn't great.
99% would be better on this kind of fight.
2. You see a much lower uptime on Scarlet Fever, where does it come from? Scarlet
Fever gets applied in conjunction with Blood Plague, so if it gets applied (No Resist from
the boss), it has the same uptime as Blood Plague. This means someone is overwriting
my Scarlet Fever (It's the 10% dmg reduction on the boss, there can only be one up). Long
story short: Zethus kept overwriting my Scarlet Fever, so no problem here.

What can I derive from that kind of graph? -> My debuff uptime needs to be improved,
I need to focus on that a bit more.

The same scheme can be applied to any buff you're casting yourself. For example DPS
cooldowns. In that case I would calculate the average fight duration, Ultraxion HC pre
nerfs: ~6mins until enrage. So you can use your 3min CDs twice. Then you would need
to check if that is happening. If not, you need to fix that. Same goes for shorter
CDs, calculate the maximum number of casts and look up in WoL if you have managed that.

High/Top DPS usually doesn't come from a perfect execution of normal spell "rotation", but
from perfect timing / usage of your CDs nowadays.

Cheers,
Palazo

P.S.: The last DS run http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-83i0yq443s9pnaks/

Lairosiel

Post by Lairosiel » 24 Sep 2012, 08:59

ffs stop posting walls of text during worktime :P
"when you wish upon a star... you are a few billion years late, that star is dead. And so are your dreams" - the internet.

Busling

Post by Busling » 24 Sep 2012, 16:04

Thanks for getting me started. I will eagerly be waiting for something more to analyze. Practice makes perfect.

Lairosiel

Post by Lairosiel » 24 Sep 2012, 16:09

if you want to upload your logs to the guild page, you just need approval by the one managing the guild -> me ;)
so just send me a message over there, and I will add you to the guildpage.
"when you wish upon a star... you are a few billion years late, that star is dead. And so are your dreams" - the internet.