Application Disc Priest

Apply for a spot in Bloodlines now!

Moderator: Officers

Spríng

Application Disc Priest

Post by Spríng » 10 Jul 2012, 19:00

1.) Nick: Spríng

2.) Class, level, race: Priest, 85, Night Elf

3.) Your professions? Tailoring and Enchanting (leveling it up at the moment)

4.) Previous characters(class/lvl/realm/...)? I have a few characters
Roana, warrior, 85, tank spec(already as social in Bloodlines)
Cephisus, warlock,85, horde side
Detráka, druid, 85, horde side

5.) Raid experiences (60/70/80/85lvl)? I've cleared all content on normal, Firelands 6/7hc, DS 5/8hc on Spríng (6/8hc on char on horde)

6.) Previous guild(s) and reason why leave? Justice League, they moved to another server, before that in Your Choice as social

7.) Your talent build? 33/8/0 Discipline Atonement

8.) Why do you want to join Bloodlines? As I mentioned above I already got a social character in Bloodlines. I only recently started looking for guilds recruiting. I would love to progress on my priest.

9.) Can you play from 2000 to +-2400 and minimal 3 raids per week? That's no problem

10.) Your internet connection? (lags/DCs?) My internet connection is good. I almost never lag or DC

11.) Do you know/have Ventrilo program? Yes i do

12.) Do you have microphone? Yes

13.) How old are you? Never ask a woman for her age!

14.) Would you be willing to respec your talents if asked? Sure, but I will need some practise if I would be asked to spec shadow, I haven't played shadow since lvl 70

15.) Skill level of your 1st Aid? As I'm a healer... Skill of 1st aid is 9 :D

16.) Armory link or base summary of your RAID gear. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... Dng/simple

17.) A few words about you... My name is Suzanne (prefer Suus or Sue!) I'm a mom of a 11 year old girl, I'm working and living in Amsterdam.

18.) Do you have any questions to us? Don't think so at this moment.

19.) Any sponsors in the guild you might have? I had a chat with Shiftolania tonight. Ammiah, Iswiftarrowu and Lilitu

Thanks for reading my application :)

Shiftolania

Re: Application Disc Priest

Post by Shiftolania » 10 Jul 2012, 19:06

Definitely got my support :)

Shifto

Lairosiel

Post by Lairosiel » 10 Jul 2012, 20:08

hey there.
thanks for applying.
got some questions regarding your stats. I can see your haste rating is pretty low compared to your crit and mastery level. I know there might be divergent opinions regarding stat weights for healers, but I always think getting a lil bit more haste is not a bad idea. haste = faster output. I for one am not a fan of atonement healing, as you can't guarantee if you're going to heal the target you want, I can't see any fight were one can benefit of this, maybe Spine if DPS is really slacky. But this is only mho. Looking at your second spec you don't seem to have a raid healing spec. (looks more PvP to me, but what do I know lol)
I'd prefer if you had either a Raidhealing spec/ Tank healing specc or a Disc(either with AH or without)/Shadow Spec, at least for the current Tier.
on the other hand we got a lot of healers atm, which is always fluctuating and with upcoming changes I can't say anything about raidspots yet. but as usual, we'll discuss this ;)

ciao ciao
Lairo
"when you wish upon a star... you are a few billion years late, that star is dead. And so are your dreams" - the internet.

Post by Guest » 10 Jul 2012, 21:08

Hey, thanks for your reply.

You're right about haste, I could do with some more.
I'm not AH so i can only smite heal. I will never heal the target that need the heals. But for fights like Yor'sahj hc when the mana void is up it's nice to have my Archangel ready (restores 1% of my mana and increasing healing done by 3%) so i dont have to use my 3min or 6min CD to get mana back yet.
As for the crit, I like the Divine Aegis, absobing a lot.

My second spec (primary sec in Armory) is a PvP sec. I love some PvP now and then and do arena with a friend

Agns

Post by Agns » 10 Jul 2012, 22:55

Hi there Spring

Thanks for your application - I will bow to Lairo's superior knowledge of all things Priesty on this. We have a few changes in mind for raiding as she has said already so if you can leave your application with us for a couple of days that would be cool.

I promise we will discuss it properly and get back to you.

As far as your age is concerned, so long as you are 18+ then that is OK :D

Agns

Malty

Post by Malty » 11 Jul 2012, 00:11

Lairosiel wrote:hey there.
thanks for applying.
got some questions regarding your stats. I can see your haste rating is pretty low compared to your crit and mastery level. I know there might be divergent opinions regarding stat weights for healers, but I always think getting a lil bit more haste is not a bad idea. haste = faster output. I for one am not a fan of atonement healing, as you can't guarantee if you're going to heal the target you want, I can't see any fight were one can benefit of this, maybe Spine if DPS is really slacky. But this is only mho. Looking at your second spec you don't seem to have a raid healing spec. (looks more PvP to me, but what do I know lol)
I'd prefer if you had either a Raidhealing spec/ Tank healing specc or a Disc(either with AH or without)/Shadow Spec, at least for the current Tier.
on the other hand we got a lot of healers atm, which is always fluctuating and with upcoming changes I can't say anything about raidspots yet. but as usual, we'll discuss this ;)

ciao ciao
Lairo

Lol, I'm a lover of attonement n mastery :-) I figure that if not as much damage is getting through, you don't need to heal as much. Spamming smite gives me something to do on slack healing fights (still got my normal spells for chaotic bits n DA becomes usefull with the mastery). Attonement is like CoH and AA/15% healing buff is good.

I just find it difficult in a raid with another priest as its a race to bubble or my mastery becomes useless.

Lairosiel

Post by Lairosiel » 11 Jul 2012, 09:57

Malty wrote:
Lairosiel wrote:hey there.
thanks for applying.

ciao ciao
Lairo

Lol, I'm a lover of attonement n mastery :-) I figure that if not as much damage is getting through, you don't need to heal as much. Spamming smite gives me something to do on slack healing fights (still got my normal spells for chaotic bits n DA becomes usefull with the mastery). Attonement is like CoH and AA/15% healing buff is good.

I just find it difficult in a raid with another priest as its a race to bubble or my mastery becomes useless.

yeah, it was just my two cents regarding atonement healing ;)
but getting a lil bit more haste is not bad even if you are a mastery lover. I know borrowed time is great haste boost, but there are times where you won't shield that much .
as I said, everyone is free to use the spec he/she wants, but regarding our team situation and looking at our healers it's hard to pair her with another priest. ;D
"when you wish upon a star... you are a few billion years late, that star is dead. And so are your dreams" - the internet.

oldone
Beheerder

Post by oldone » 27 Jul 2012, 11:13

Invited for trial