Fury/Protection Warrior Application

Apply for a spot in Bloodlines now!

Moderator: Officers

Neema

Fury/Protection Warrior Application

Post by Neema » 22 Nov 2012, 23:09

1.) Main Level 90 Toon Name (Please state class & race):
My main character is Astrál, a Night Elf fury warrior. This has been my main character since Trial of the Crusade/Icecrown Citadel.

2.) Other Level 90 Alt Toon Names (Please state class & race):
I have yet to level my alts, mainly because they are Horde. As was this character until very recently.

3.) With regard to your Alt Toons, please tell us about any raiding you undertake or plan to with other guilds on these characters:
I have never been a fan of raiding with alts. Though diversity among characters boosts knowledge and understanding of various other classes of whom you will raid with, the basics of abilities can be learnt via inspection or forum. Playing a single character, especially only raiding with a single specification, is the best way to truly know your class. Being able to react instinctively with the correct abilities in order to benefit the entire raid rather than boosting your damage output for minimal raid wide improvement. So in other words, I would and have only ever focused on one character at a time.

4.) Your Main Toon professions and level, please explain why you selected these professions for this Toon:
My professions include engineering and mining. I chose engineering because fury is played in accordance with your cool downs, engineering gives an extra proc which I see as a far better attribute than a far lower statistical improvement. Furthermore it adds a fair few "handy" tools which can be used happily in and outside a raid situation. As for mining, it was to supply myself and my previous guild with materials. If deemed necessary it can be changed to something more beneficial.

5.) Do you have previous Main Toons which you may have been 'well known for' but no longer play:
This character in itself has been known as: Gumpwar, Blackout, Dression and Astral. My most well known character was played as a very well geared alt (this goes against my previous point I know!) called Gummpy, I did among the first successful 25 man ICC pugs on this character (leading) on a weekly basis (warrior was for guild). And gathered a fairly respectable reputation as a skilled Tank and leader in Terenas Alliance. I believe it was one of the top 3 on the server for a period of time.

6.) Please give us a brief summary of your raid experiences and level of progression (60/70/80/85lvl, normal/hc):
Since Wrath I had consistently been a raid and guild leader for Abyssal. As I started in Wrath I have no prior progression. The main progression raid I did in Wrath was ICC, however we frequently went back to old content, especially Ulduar (as, to be honest, the hard modes were still more difficult than 80% of heroic ICC). ICC's progression in itself was 8/12 Heroic with Abyssal. In Catalcysm I played more casually, but still somehow remained a high ranked fury warrior on Terenas. I had cleared all the raids normal mode by the end of the expansion. Thus far in MoP, 1/6 (my guild aimed far higher but I missjudged many players on the level they were willing to raid at).

7.) Main Toon previous guild(s) and reason why you left/are planning on leaving?
I was horde, in the renamed Abyssal (now Assemble) which was rebooted for Mists of Pandaria Raiding. As said, many players didn't play with the necessary commitment, and we mutually decided to collapse the guild and go our separate ways as far as raiding was concerned.

8.) Your Main Toon talent build, please include a link to your armory page here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... l/advanced
The reason I currently use a PvP Neck and Wrist are because, since Blizzard no longer reduce the stat bonuses of PvP pieces, they hold equal stat attributes to equivelent PvE gear (in this case raid finder) (Crit/hit/Exp) Though this will clearly get frowned upon, and simply for principle I plan on replacing them as soon as I get better - I have tested the equivalent raid finder pieces (haste/mastery/hit etc..)

9.) Why do you want to join Bloodlines?
Your guild has grown incredibly fast, and will clearly become a contender for top sooner or later. The last time I spoke with a Bloodline member was in Cataclysm, who was interested in creating a guild alliance with my own (ironically). And to be honest... I should have taken the offer. Now I wanted to be a part of that which is successful, rather than the other way around.

10.) Can you play from 2000 to +-2300 and minimal 3 raids per week?
Certainly, with the rare occasion where I have to be out, as any player has.

11.) Your internet connection? (lags/DCs?)
I have fiber optic internet connection, so it is highly stable unless the cat tackles the router. I have had a minor GFX driver glitch, freezing my computer from time to time, however rarely on World of Warcraft. (I7, 8G RAM, 2TB HDD, ATI 7770HD.

12.) Do you know/have Mumble program?
Yes my previous guild thought about using it instead of Ventrilo.

13.) Do you have microphone and are you willing to communicate vocally with the rest of the raid group?
I have a turtle beach headset, and i'm very confident with communication via games.

14.) How old are you?
I'm eighteen.

15.) Would you be willing to respec your talents if asked?
If for the benefit of certain encounters, certainly. If to improve my damage output, then I would have to test it for myself thoroughly as I usually keep up to date with the best builds anyway.

16.) Skill level of your 1st Aid & cooking?
0 and 0. The one thing on WoW I have never had the motivation to do is these, I'd rather buy my food from the auction house. However if its required, i'll level...

17.) A few words about you...
British, studies high level English language, but somehow am not a grammar Nazi. Active outside the virtual world, healthy lifestyle. Jack is the best drink on the table...

18.) Do you have any questions for us?
How the hell did your guild get so succesful while mine remained in limbo? xD (jk jk..) - I'd like to know if any of the names said above are familiar to anyone, I have known a lot of players on Terenas over the years.

19.) Any sponsors in the guild you might have?
Nope. Me myself and I. :P

Agns

Re: Fury/Protection Warrior Application

Post by Agns » 23 Nov 2012, 08:31

Hi There,

Many thanks for your well thought out application.

How much work have you done on your OT spec btw ?

The officers will review your toon and application today and we should be able to let you know the outcome within the next 24 hours

Regards

Agns

Neema

Post by Neema » 23 Nov 2012, 09:59

Hey thanks for responding so quickly.

My off spec is fairly substantial. The item level is 476 with around 501k Un-buffed health. I was main tank in my previous guild.

Though its gear has been slightly manipulated as i'm still in the stage where some pvp gear, even mastery DPS gear is a far better upgrade than heroic blues (if reforged ofc)... saddly

Agns

Post by Agns » 23 Nov 2012, 12:07

Hi Again

OK, a few observations regarding your toon :

1. You seem to be a long way over the hit cap, needs to be addressed
2. You are missing a belt buckle + gem, please tell us why you have not added this already ?
3. Head gem could do with an upgrade (120/120 to 160/160)
4. Weapon enchants should be Dancing Steel as opposed to Windsong
5. Enchants need changing - CRIT on back, STR on wrists (these would be changed from your existing ones along with the reforges from hit)

For raiding, we certainly expect all gear to be gemmed, balanced enchanted etc. to the best level irrespective of whether you feel that you will soon be upgrading it or that maybe the level of gear is not worth the effort.

Regards

Agns

Neema

Post by Neema » 23 Nov 2012, 17:05

Hey,

As fury I have found the hit cap for special abilities is obviously essential. But having higher hit % to compensate for missed normal damage also helps and has done for ages (its fury's biggest damage dealer), mainly with rage regeneration. When I gain better levels of gear, rage tends to be less of an issue, especially when using Single minded fury which is far higher damage at the moment than TG anyway (but I have been unlucky with winning a pair of 476 weapons). The forums and guides say otherwise, which confuses me to be honest.

Nevertheless I tested this over 5 Million damage on a Raiders dummy
10.3% Hit: 56k DPS (Burst 124k)
7.4% hit + 3% bonus on Mastery + 2% Critical strike: 45k dps (Burst 126k)

I accept that in a raid situation, especially heroic, rage becomes less of an issue as incoming damage boosts rage enough to warrant less. But I have made my stats in accordance with my own gear to minimize rage starvation, which happens way too much with titans grip if hit is low. I can prove the dummy test if necessary.

For the cheaper enchants and belt buckle I didn't have, there is no excuse and I have addressed this.
For Dancing steel and my wrist enchant, I will be honest and say I literally cannot afford it after spending so much on my prot spec without assistance (Gold noob I know). Previous guild Sha Crystal income was zero so I got no bonuses there, I alsk lack materials at this current time. Otherwise I would have them by now, i'm sure.

Thank you for the notification on my failings regarding the enchant and belt buckle, but if I must purchase these end game enchants, then i'm sorry but I cant afford it with all my gold, and I will move on respectfully :)

Agns

Post by Agns » 23 Nov 2012, 18:11

Ok

Are you saved for HoF this ID ?

If not then maybe we will ask you to come and raid with us on Sunday evening

Best way to assess is to see what you can do !

Regards

Agns

Neema

Post by Neema » 23 Nov 2012, 18:30

Nope sir i'm not saved :P

If you can give me the opportunity i'll surely try to do my best. Could you possibly tell me all the details I may need encase I do get a trial?

Agns

Post by Agns » 23 Nov 2012, 18:40

Ok well I am still talking to the other Officers about this

Sorry if it seems a bit long winded but we take our raiding pretty seriously (despite the raid environment being quite relaxed). We will give you an answer shortly but if you are coming with us then you will need mumble ready to go and be well read up on the 4th boss.

Thanks

Agns

Neema

Post by Neema » 23 Nov 2012, 18:50

Sure thing,

I've been looking for an opportunity to raid in a team who takes it seriously for far too long. Its not long winded at all, filtering out the players who 'cant be arsed' saves time in the future anyway, if you have invited them so easily as I used to :D

Thanks for considering, hope I hear from you. Otherwise, best of luck to Bloodlines now and in the future.

cheers,

Astral/Nick.

Lairosiel

Post by Lairosiel » 23 Nov 2012, 20:00

Hurray, yippie and welcome.

Invited for trial.
"when you wish upon a star... you are a few billion years late, that star is dead. And so are your dreams" - the internet.