Elemental Shaman Application

Apply for a spot in Bloodlines now!

Moderator: Officers

Nijaris

Elemental Shaman Application

Post by Nijaris » 11 Dec 2012, 23:08

1.) Main Level 90 Toon Name (Please state class & race):
My main characters name is Nijaris, a Dwarf elemental shaman. I chose Dwarf because, having played Draenei in the past, I found that I grow quickly tired of Draenei due to the various animations they have and the way they look. With no other Alliance shaman races it was an obvious choice. :P

2.) Other Level 90 Alt Toon Names (Please state class & race):
My only other level 90 is named Redentra and is a prot/ret paladin. It was meant to be a reroll to help a previous guild that since fell apart. I decided to go back to my shaman as that was already much further progressed gearwise and because a prot paladin was never really the class/spec for me.

3.) With regard to your Alt Toons, please tell us about any raiding you undertake or plan to with other guilds on these characters:
I have no raiding planned on my alt what so ever due to the reasons above.

4.) Your Main Toon professions and level, please explain why you selected these professions for this Toon:
I have Engineering and Mining, both at max. I took engineering because the things that come with it seemed the best out of the different profession options. Synapse Springs is like a mini-trinket on a very short CD, the portable mailbox is brilliant both in raids and solo play, as is Jeeves. Nitro Boosts are useful for the most part (given they don’t blow up. I never use them during encounters where the damage from them could mean extra strain on healers or my own death) and the Goblin Glider has literally saved me a corpse run and repair bill more times than I can count, since I have a tendency to accidentally dismount mid-air.

5.) Do you have previous Main Toons which you may have been 'well known for' but no longer play:
I have switched mains so many times in the last four years that I can’t even remember how many times it has been. I also severely doubt I have been known on any of them. If however I have it’d be on either my paladin (Redentra), my warlock (Resendria at the time, Sathera currently) or my hunter (Sathera at the time, Sathina currently).

6.) Please give us a brief summary of your raid experiences and level of progression (60/70/80/85lvl, normal/hc):
I only started playing WoW in very late TBC and never made it to max level before the launch of Wrath. In Wrath I was 11/12 normal ICC and 8/12 heroic with the guild Abyssal which I co-managed and had guild master over several times during both Wrath and Cata. At the launch of Cataclysm a few of our regulars suddenly stopped turning up and the guild quickly went casual. The rest of the expansion was spent trying to rebuild it, however that was unsuccessful. I ended up joining Proud Heroes for a time in which I cleared Bot and BWD, got to 6/7 in firelands and 4/8 in DS (all normal mode) shortly after the patch, before I took a break from the game. Cleared DS with a pug right before Mists which hardly counts as raiding :P. Rebooted Abyssal and moved it to horde under the name Assemble, which we managed 1/6 before the guild collapsed once again.

7.) Main Toon previous guild(s) and reason why you left/are planning on leaving?
From four years ago to now, I have been in Freedom Fighters (ancient but now dead guild) which was the first guild I raided in, left due to poor leadership together with Astrál and moved on to form Abyssal with the majority of Freedom’s playerbase. I played in Abyssal until its collapse, after which I joined Proud Heroes. Took a break while in PH and when I came back, the raiding team I had been with had all left so I did as well. I moved back into Abyssal to reboot it as Assemble on horde which I then again left when it collapsed just a short time ago. I then changed to alliance and since joined Archlight as a social. I am looking to leave it to (hopefully :P) join Bloodlines.

8.) Your Main Toon talent build, please include a link to your armory page here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... s/advanced
Elemental (3/3/1/1/2/3). The PvP items that you’ll undoubtedly notice are only used due to unbelievably unlucky RNG. Both of them upgraded quest items I couldn’t get rid of and I have yet to get PvE items of the same or higher item level.

9.) Why do you want to join Bloodlines?
Your guild has progressed well and I hear positive things about Bloodlines from Astrál. I joined that Mogu’Shan Vaults normal run after being offered a raid spot, and it was fantastic fun, I’d be raiding properly again.

10.) Can you play from 2000 to +-2300 and minimal 3 raids per week?
Absolutely, though sometimes real life may take precedence (which to be honest is so rare that its hardly worth mentioning).

11.) Your internet connection? (lags/DCs?)
I have no sure answer for this as I will be moving into a new apartment on Wednesday the 12th. From what I know of the internet provider it shouldn’t have problems as I’ll be in their best covered area. However by the time I have geared my character up to the standard needed for raiding, I will have long since moved in.

12.) Do you know/have Mumble program?
I have used it in the past and will be getting it.

13.) Do you have microphone and are you willing to communicate vocally with the rest of the raid group?
Yes, I have had much experience with vocal communication in games.

14.) How old are you?
Eighteen.

15.) Would you be willing to respec your talents if asked?
Absolutely.

16.) Skill level of your 1st Aid & cooking?
Both unlevelled. I’d level them if need be.

17.) A few words about you...
Danish, currently finishing 10th grade to move on to study English. Loves comedy and is a huge lore nerd. xP

18.) Do you have any questions for us?
None that I haven’t already gotten answers for from Astrál.

19.) Any sponsors in the guild you might have?
Astrál.

Neema

Re: Elemental Shaman Application

Post by Neema » 12 Dec 2012, 00:21

I can personally vouch for Nijaris' skill, commitment, reliability and determination seen over 3 years of content :)

Lairosiel

Post by Lairosiel » 12 Dec 2012, 10:00

Thanks for your application. :)
The officers will tear your application a... *hem* will talk about it and we'll come back to you asap :lol:

Cheers,
Lairosiel

Ps: don't let Astrál vouch for you, can't end well...
"when you wish upon a star... you are a few billion years late, that star is dead. And so are your dreams" - the internet.

Agns

Post by Agns » 12 Dec 2012, 12:00

Nicely written application - we wish they were all as good as this !

Already discussed with Lairo and we are both happy for you to come along and join, Palazo won't argue with Lairo I suspect and as for Boro, well as you will soon learn, no-one takes any notice of him anyway.....

Whisper Agns, Lairosiel, Borodude or Palazo for an invite

Neema

Post by Neema » 12 Dec 2012, 12:11

Hey, i'm vouching so I occasionally wont be 5th place dps! xD

Nah.. he'll probably beat me regardless

"Cries in the corner"

Borodude

Post by Borodude » 13 Dec 2012, 12:51

He didn't mention that he likes 'kittens' do we really have room in the guild for a none kitten lover?

:) welcome aboard

Trip not to trip over my corpse and you'll be fine

Borodude