Re: tactic guide

Post by Wolfskie » 09 Aug 2011, 10:24

hey i found this 10 man guide really helpfull on understanding the tank debuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxFPAZ4eXFM

moon

Post by moon » 09 Aug 2011, 14:26

Healing guide to Baleroc:

1. Some tips we learned that really made this encounter a breeze.

1 tank this fight, if you do the healing methods i mention there is just no reason not too.

Set up your 3 healers as follows: Healers A- On whoever has the most stacks of torment until a Decimation Blade comes down. B- Heals the first torment person, then the tank until healer A has desired stacks C- Starts on boss, then switches to torment people after first crystal.

For the very first crystal you want to get the stacks REALLY high on the first dps to take torment. This is ideal if you have a shadow priest (dispersion glyphed). A shadow priest can take an entire crystal himself, have him disperse at 19 stacks (as soon as it hits 19). With 2 healers dedicated to healing him spamming quick heals (to gather stacks) keeps him up. A healer CD helps a lot too, such as Pain Suppression. If you use another class have them get to 18 stacks before switching. This will get healer stacks up REALLY QUICK. Our two healers healing the shadow priest on first crystal both got to 80+ stacks.

Healers can use big heals early because they should stack torment so high they are just using low cost spells from then on.

Just to give you an idea: a spriest taking the entire crystal (25 stacks) with a disc priest (me) gathering stacks. I penanced at 6 stacks/15 stacks/24 stacks on the spriest, used regular heal until he was at 11 stacks, then spammed flash heal in the middle (I used Pain Supression at 14 stacks, he dispersed at 19 stacks). I had 80 stacks after first crystal. Our pally said he gets to about 85.

Then I switched to healing tank while our resto druid and pally got some stacks. Pally switched to tank for Decimate Blades. I healed (at 80 stacks) until the pally got to 150 stacks, then he took over on tank and I went back to stack gathering. At the end of the fight I was helping again on Decimate blades, but otherwise the pally never had issues.

Note to Healers concerning stack gathering: HOTs do not generate stacks!!!!!!!!!!

*TV

Post by *TV » 09 Aug 2011, 15:41

Seems very comprehensive, only thing I would add to this is that Span quoted directly that dispression reset the stacks on him.

Span this was correct wasn't it you weren't eating cake or hitting the wrong button by mistake?

If so, the guide may be a little out of date with that - but pain supression would still be an option from Malty onto him.

TV

oldone
Beheerder

Post by oldone » 15 Aug 2011, 18:53

healing rotation

3 healers: healer A, healer B, healer C

first 30 seconds (first shard)
healer A on the tank
healer B + healer C --> stack gathering

next 15 seconds (= duration of a flames buff)
healer A + healer B on the tank
healer C --> stack gathering

next 15 seconds
healer B + healer C on the tank
healer A --> stack gathering

next 15 seconds
healer C + healer A on the tank
healer B --> stack gathering

next 15 seconds
healer A + healer B on the tank
healer C --> stack gathering

next 15 seconds
healer B + healer C on the tank
healer A --> stack gathering

and so on...

the healer that goes on the stack gathering can make a macro to call for the healer that was on the stacks to move to the tank healing.